发表于: 2020-5-8 13:20:02

My Life as a Diamond - Jenny Manzer 电子书mobi+epub

Ten-year-old Caspar "Caz" Cadman loves baseball and has a great arm. He loves the sounds, the smells, the stats. When his family moves from Toronto to a suburb of Seattle, the first thing he does is try out for the local summer team, the Redburn Ravens. Even though Caz is thrilled when he makes the team, he worries because he has a big secret.4 ]/ q! j1 `& Z- l7 H; }

+ b1 Y) t2 P3 G+ ~% n7 m: p( |No one knows that back in Toronto, Caz used to live life as a girl named Cassandra. And it's nobody's business. Caz will tell his new friends when he's ready.But when a player on a rival team starts snooping around, Caz's past is revealed, and Caz worries it will be Toronto all over again.
4 q2 F6 G4 k' U/ A: v) J$ Z# i2 S( P
Will Caz's teammates rally behind their star pitcher? Or will Caz be betrayed once more?A heartwarming, funny, fast-paced story about the bravery it takes to live as your true self, no matter the cost.
% _( V6 _: J8 K, w# s7 T, b$ F2 B( u+ ]3 I4 b

% X+ P9 _  w" X) D$ b, ]/ F, X# s3 n" ["Baseball fans will enjoy the play-by-play, but more than that, readers will like the character of Caz. Acceptance of others is a good message for everyone." (School Library Connection 2018-08-22)) L) K  c1 m! T- J
  M% R+ T8 {% p
"The author put a lot of research into this…and was successful in having an elementary and middle grade appropriate transgender story. The inclusion of lots of baseball is a big plus, and will encourage readers to pick up the book." (Ms. Yingling Reads blog 2018-09-28)4 y9 I$ A5 Y/ k
; V6 B7 w- s& v: \( h+ ?. O- b- a
"The plot and characters strike an ideal balance that will have wide appeal, introducing readers to themes of gender identity that avoids didacticism and sensationalism. My Life as a Diamond will appeal to readers interested in baseball, team-sports, and realistic fiction. Highly Recommended."
" r; j& F' i4 \4 E* q+ D& Q6 a
4 T' ^* p# B: T3 q' x链接: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kQYhKCZmUND3NyfowCFhzw
购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 30爱币 才能浏览   
% _, Z1 A" x: b" P

) p0 ~3 X: J8 c1 \! M( e
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
英语桥梁书&章节书 桥梁书 是引用西方国家书目上的 Bridging Books 概念,台湾翻译为 "桥梁书", 是一种针对低中年级孩子,带领他们从图像阅读,顺利跨入文字阅读。桥梁书的文字比绘本多、插图为辅、内容贴近孩子生活,不论是有趣或奇幻的故事,皆能寓教于乐。 群主: 香喷喷的臭豆腐
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华