发表于: 2020-5-6 13:19:10

原版英文章节书Scream All Night - Derek Milman 电子书mobi+epub

A darkly hilarious contemporary realistic young adult novel about growing up and finding your place in the world, perfect for fans of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and Running With Scissors.Goodreads The Hottest YA Books of Summer * B&N Teen Blog Most Anticipated YA Debuts of 2018 * Buzzfeed 27 YA Books You’ll Want to Devour By the Pool This Summer ** o5 {8 n  h% P, c  O: m
/ @" S9 J: L" V% i
DARIO HEYWARD KNOWS ONE THING: He’s never going back to Moldavia Studios, the iconic castle that served as the set, studio, and home to the cast and crew of dozens of cult classic B-horror movies. It’s been three years since Dario’s even seen the place, after getting legally emancipated from his father, the infamous director of Moldavia’s creature features.But then Dario’s brother invites him home to a mysterious ceremony involving his father and a tribute to his first film—The Curse of the Mummy’s Tongue. Dario swears his homecoming will be a one-time visit. A way for him to get closure on his past—and reunite with Hayley, his first love and costar of Zombie Children of the Harvest Sun, a production fraught with real-life tragedy—and say good-bye for good. But the unthinkable happens—Dario gets sucked back into the twisted world of Moldavia and the horrors, both real and imagined, he’s left there.% [3 h( U5 Q4 l4 U+ ^- l% r
- E& U: w) |0 J2 y& T

; q# o3 i( b, }$ A! u" JWith only months to rescue the sinking studio and everyone who has built their lives there, Dario must confront the demons of his past—and the uncertainties of his future. But can he escape the place that’s haunted him his whole life?  n8 ^4 a5 D6 N  d

( ]7 n. m- @: \& E1 }1 r1 p+ \Review& _9 {, \& }2 n4 z) h6 [" G, w& z) H
“Debut author Milman’s darkly comedic coming-of-age story seamlessly combines monsters—both real and imagined—with difficult subjects such as neglect, abandonment, and psychosis....Dario’s journey, though more extreme than most, is relatable, but the story’s biggest lesson of all is that it is possible to go home again.” (Publishers Weekly (starred review))) V/ z$ I3 s9 M. ]8 z
# i% y% O5 d& K' p  B
“Derek Milman bursts onto the YA scene with a completely unique concept and a delightfully quirky setting. It has all of my favorite things: plenty of absurdity wrapped in undeniable heart. Scream All Night is not to be missed.” (Goldy Moldavsky, New York Times bestselling author of Kill the Boy Band and No Good Deed)5 c* Z7 R; g' ~! C6 {7 I
/ e7 Z, |, P" N: c
“Scream All Night is a hilarious, heart-wrenching, psychedelic ride. Derek Milman has written a searingly original debut. I couldn’t stop reading.” (Jeff Garvin, author of Symptoms of Being Human)
" K  q! b- I- F9 i6 a* v$ y7 w
+ n) \4 t: V: G# D& t2 t“Dario’s first-person narrative avoids being lachrymose and lands somewhere both self-aware of the surrounding silliness and respectful in matters of mental illness and abuse. Moldavia is resplendent with wonderfully wacky details, characters and settings...plenty of gory details to delight creature-feature and horror movie buffs.” (Kirkus Reviews)9 H+ h/ B: Y6 p" U1 E1 F. C% ^: [/ U

8 F* V5 Q( J  O& `  U“Milman has a field day with horror movie tropes, walking a nerve-wrackingly fine line between gothic horror and send-up, challenging readers to discern just where the laughs and shivers are leading...And the award for genre-bending serio-comic tender horror debut goes to...Derek Milman.” (Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books, Recommended title)7 j: w9 {2 @7 L
9 {' p1 f2 t9 g2 y, d7 C6 I* |
链接: https://pan.baidu.com/s/13XIPsFl9uahzEt3QSVHEQg
购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 30爱币 才能浏览   

) `3 L$ R2 f$ T
( o5 o9 L. J  F% u
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
英语桥梁书&章节书 桥梁书 是引用西方国家书目上的 Bridging Books 概念,台湾翻译为 "桥梁书", 是一种针对低中年级孩子,带领他们从图像阅读,顺利跨入文字阅读。桥梁书的文字比绘本多、插图为辅、内容贴近孩子生活,不论是有趣或奇幻的故事,皆能寓教于乐。 群主: 香喷喷的臭豆腐
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华