Miranda [博士生]
2191 0
发表于: 2017-12-19 16:46:13

The Truth Beneath the Lies

+ Y3 o8 }6 A7 y; `# K

& J/ D, u) h. q  Q+ c$ s% b

“A smart, suspenseful, and unpredictable thriller that will keep readers turning pages until every last lie is revealed.”—Karen M. McManus, New York Times bestselling author of One of Us Is Lying

$ r% R& ~: d- E% ~% |5 H; f6 }  u

For fans of The Darkest Corners and Pretty Little Liars, Amanda Searcy’s debut novel will have readers both disturbed and entranced by one girl’s present-day horrors and another’s haunting past.

: e7 G' z3 E8 y: H5 t1 m

8 x& W! V" `+ }, M  k# l

* F; ]+ a+ x: @

Flight.

7 ?$ q6 {" A( Z/ A& o/ W

All Kayla Asher wants to do is run. Run from the government housing complex she calls home. Run from her unstable mother. Run from a desperate job at No Limits Food. Run to a better, cleaner, safer life. Every day is one day closer to leaving.

5 O: ?  z& y5 A0 H

3 V8 Z; i+ r9 x$ F& g- z: V

7 M! y4 R- C- w+ D( Q' H( v( a8 Q& [

Fight.

; f, k3 X! f' \5 b

All Betsy Hopewell wants to do is survive. Survive the burner phone hidden under her bed. Survive her new rules. Survive a new school with new classmates. Survive being watched. Every minute grants her another moment of life.

- T( w4 t* h$ [- c

1 v8 ~+ d( N! m8 v1 V

8 K( ]  [8 Y( B

When fate brings Kayla and Betsy together, only one girl will survive.

* Y0 i' Q. V4 J

# T$ X* w2 A% a. D) I. W2 d2 l1 }

Editorial Reviews

. e! x: T) N: k$ K. \

Review

# r$ I/ z+ r) b3 D" ~/ B- {

“A smart, suspenseful, and unpredictable thriller that will keep readers turning pages until every last lie is revealed.”—Karen M. McManus, New York Times bestselling author of One of Us Is Lying

: I' Y. c, E5 W  S$ [9 f6 k: B

6 R- I+ x4 }, }& d; g" Q8 t! `

"An intricately plotted thriller that's both gritty and engrossing." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review

' s- u, J8 ?5 s; L& U4 j
% c  @- m5 q& j7 y

"Told in dual POV with unreliable narrators and red herrings, this thrilling, fast-paced, and complex story will leave the reader questioning the truth until the very end."—Booklist

6 m" H' |. q2 W: W8 U7 {/ }

8 Q7 {9 K1 G  a1 C9 _2 O

! b% b2 s. U- q* x

About the Author

5 Q/ H3 ~6 w# m3 J" z9 V

Amanda Searcy earned a BA from New Mexico State University and an MA in human rights from the Univeristy of Es** in England. She works in collection development for a public library system and loves chocolate, cats, and curling up with a good book. She lives in New Mexico. Visit her online at amandasearcybooks.com and follow her on Twitter @aesearcy.

; C# X1 a1 U! J" s  h

- }1 ]# {% Q2 G% g- P

百度网盘链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1dFdGWN3

购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 15爱币 才能浏览   

4 U, U: c. E" ], F

* l" }/ P; C$ l2 K

% Z) T; m& G5 M' z6 E5 {* O; j. @
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
有声书音频及电子书资 在电子产品盛产的年代,电子书和有声书因为能永久性保存携带又方便,所以当下的电子书很受欢迎。电子书和有声书也可以促进孩子阅读。所以就想着把电子书和有声书的资源整合起来,方便家长给孩子看。 群主: 小柒麦麦
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华