发表于: 2020-4-16 17:52:34

The Beloved World of Sonia Sotomayor - Sonia Sotomayor 音频mp3+电子书

Discover the inspiring life of Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina and third woman appointed to the United States Supreme Court, in this middle-grade adaptation of her bestselling adult memoir, My Beloved World.Includes an 8-page photo insert and a brief history of the Supreme Court.
' v5 Y. [8 S5 f1 T8 Z6 u4 y2 G+ y4 }& L, N; j- S
Sonia Sotomayor was just a girl when she dared to dream big. Her dream? To become a lawyer and a judge even though she’d never met one of either, and none lived in her neighborhood.Sonia did not let the hardships of her background—which included growing up in the rough housing projects of New York City’s South Bronx, dealing with juvenile diabetes, coping with parents who argued and fought personal demons, and worrying about money—stand in her way. Always, she believed in herself. Her determination, along with guidance from generous mentors and the unwavering love of her extended Puerto Rican family, propelled her ever forward.0 C" U/ n. M* a% z' e: c" ^) U

' b' S/ f2 C6 H% l0 @, nEventually, all of Sonia’s hard work led to her appointment as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court in 2009, a role that she has held ever since.Learn about Justice Sotomayor’s rise and her amazing work as well as about the Supreme Court in this fascinating memoir that shows that no matter the obstacles, dreams can come true.! w6 v, z% C$ Z# i: x: u
% s* h' B* ]! m2 G% B

) b, @, \( M) A. W“People—I add children—who live in difficult circumstances need to know that happy endings are possible.” —Justice Sonia Sotomayor on why she writes books (ABC News)"A lively autobiography of the third woman and the first Latina on the U.S. Supreme Court." —Booklist, starred review,"The account of this exceptional trajectory, told with a storyteller's talent, is filled with a candor and honesty that make her story eminently accessible to young readers. " —Kirkus Review, starred review9 Y6 `5 o4 Z) X6 ~) b

: c; H  K% X% O7 K"Adapted from Sotomayor's memoir, My Beloved World. Her reflections on her childhood are perceptive and poignant. She writes about her life in an immigrant family . . . and as a Puerto Rican American straddling two cultures. . . . a work infused with warmth and encouragement." --School Library Journal
8 ?6 k! E/ F/ p. I# i! p) ], c6 B* d4 M: Y1 H* J
SONIA SOTOMAYOR graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University in 1976 and from Yale Law School in 1979. She worked as an assistant district attorney in New York and then at the law firm of Pavia & Harcourt. She served as a judge of the US District Court, Southern District of New York, from 1992 to 1998, and from 1998 to 2009 served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. In May 2009, President Barack Obama nominated her as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court; she assumed this role on August 8, 2009.
8 P1 E1 t- E% W; |  w; o
4 _3 e+ t" t8 j; {, T链接: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt2aNRhi0kMiurzzBaeXPw
购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 30爱币 才能浏览   
. `% {1 t9 y. p2 e
6 c6 V; C5 m4 N
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
英语桥梁书&章节书 桥梁书 是引用西方国家书目上的 Bridging Books 概念,台湾翻译为 "桥梁书", 是一种针对低中年级孩子,带领他们从图像阅读,顺利跨入文字阅读。桥梁书的文字比绘本多、插图为辅、内容贴近孩子生活,不论是有趣或奇幻的故事,皆能寓教于乐。 群主: 香喷喷的臭豆腐
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华