发表于: 2020-4-14 18:04:07

England: Poems from a School - Kate Clanchy 电子书mobi+epub

In this unique anthology, their mentor and teacher prize-winning poet Kate Clanchy brings their poems together, and allowing readers to see why their work has caused such a stir. By turns raw and direct, funny and powerful, lyrical and heartbreaking, they document the pain of migration and the exhilaration of building a new land, an England of a thousand voices. In England: Poems from a School, you will find poetry is easy to read and hard to forget, as fresh, bright and present as the young migrants who produced it.: _; ?; E; }; T2 b7 A6 Z4 U+ @2 N

5 I3 [! z: P  N* h, Y4 L" JAlthough this book is called England Poems from a School, these are really poems from the world, speaking of a freshly imagined England, in an English that plays the music of other half-remembered languages. These young poets are writing their lives with heartbreaking immediacy, in a time when home is a leaving, and also a becoming. (Imtiaz Dharker)
3 M( [3 [! F+ X9 O* J! ?* ^
, ~! a0 Q. x7 \4 x) LExceptional. All unflinching truths and zero pretentiousness. (Nathan Filer),I doubt I will read anything as moving for a very long time. These poems remind us that immigration is not abstract; it is children, missing their mother and missing their homes. (Evie Wyld)
! p. _, a! d8 q1 l
4 Q9 N4 _' D9 ^5 v( N3 `Helping us to see the world with a startling freshness, these lovely poems fill me with hope (Sarah Howe),This moving and beautifully formed anthology of their work punches well above expectations for their age. Any age . . . From Poland, Korea, Russia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia these writers are worldly and world-class, their writing so natural and their stories so affecting I do hope the Home Office at the very least orders a copy to keep in the loo. (The Times)。+ p( z3 T0 {6 o
& x6 f5 G8 @3 U, J! }

England: Poems from a School - Kate Clanchy 电子书mobi+epub

! O! r- Y& O7 K- v9 R8 j+ \+ Z6 U
Tender, funny, succinct and often devastatingly sad verses about home, family, loneliness and identity . . . Kate Clanchy is the teacher we all wish we had. (Stylist),Anyone interested in poetic, profound pictures of what it means to be young to have arrived, to be living here, then this book is a must: an explosion of moments, feelings, thoughts, and images. (Michael Rosen)
& t* ~6 \9 ^/ `  y2 V2 f% M% R0 ?$ {7 \; P7 H4 L% N9 x$ m
What is so poignant about her poem is the way the real voice of feeling breaks through the polite formulas of textbook English. . . it is exciting to see so many new writers discovering the alchemical power of words to conjure a solid reality (Jeremy Noel-Tod Sunday Times Culture)
0 ~; ?0 `% b4 T* u0 F$ E. f' _$ ^; h
Full of heart and resolve . . . what is most moving is the sense that exile has a collective voice, a shared tone. Stoicism, sadness, resolve – this writing is hard won. There is an inwardness and, at the same time, the poems invoke one another. And they are not depressing, even when the subject matter distresses. On the contrary, they shine. . . What strikes one most is the sensuality in this book – there are as many juicy elegies as bleak ones. The ink of homesickness has produced a beautiful work. (Guardian)
' a2 r) g+ p2 l8 A# ]6 d& w6 ]. W4 b5 F  R
链接: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1h8NY7aWboN2iEuPF_fkALA
购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 30爱币 才能浏览   
0 |( Z. z  C* B/ y' k

+ j0 U; q$ N2 }5 X& A- y9 M
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
英语桥梁书&章节书 桥梁书 是引用西方国家书目上的 Bridging Books 概念,台湾翻译为 "桥梁书", 是一种针对低中年级孩子,带领他们从图像阅读,顺利跨入文字阅读。桥梁书的文字比绘本多、插图为辅、内容贴近孩子生活,不论是有趣或奇幻的故事,皆能寓教于乐。 群主: 香喷喷的臭豆腐
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华