Miranda [博士生]
2104 0
发表于: 2017-12-13 14:58:59

Heaven Looks a Lot Like the Mall

- ~7 V- K) t7 E  m

Heaven Looks a Lot Like the Mall

`' }) t/ D+ r" t* g: F/ Q( ?

7 l5 N; m  m0 ~# q& XWhen 16-year-old Tessa suffers a shocking accident in gym class, she finds herself in heaven (or what she thinks is heaven), which happens to bear a striking resemblance to her hometown mall. In the tradition of It's a Wonderful Life and The Christmas Carol, Tessa starts reliving her life up until that moment. She sees some things she'd rather forget, learns some things about herself she'd rather not know, and ultimately must find the answer to one burning question--if only she knew what the question was.
, q* ^) H& R! b& Y# z0 `6 X
6 I/ N$ s7 H4 b

Written in sharp, witty verse, Wendy Mass crafts an extraordinary tale of a spunky heroine who hasn't always made the right choices, but needs to discover what makes life worth living.

1 t- B: Y! F/ n1 c, T

# h% ]2 [& n: W0 _7 K2 h' l8 L) F- \4 d/ z# B

Editorial Reviews

3 W, U* T) u+ N, J7 F( m6 Y) R

From School Library Journal

3 y* x1 T' h+ p2 M+ d! @

Grade 7 Up—With a dodge ball soaring toward her head, time slows as Tessa considers all of the trivial things floating through her mind; an Ashlee Simpson song, the wedgie she has from her gym shorts, and the color of the dodge ball. But the final thought she must consider is the question she needs to answer—if only she could remember it. At 16, Tessa finds herself in heaven taking a journey through past events in her life while she wavers in and out of consciousness in the hospital. Written in verse, her recollections span her earliest memories as a toddler to her most recent memories leading up to the gym-class accident. Tessa's witty and honest voice tells the story of a girl who struggles to make friends, maintain family relationships, and to be honest with herself. Before she can return from where the accident has taken her, she must face the reality of her life and her role in creating that reality. However, what Tessa discovers is a truth that is far more optimistic and promising than she gave herself credit for. Tessa's journey and authentic voice is one that readers will appreciate. Her tendency to turn a blind eye to the good in others and herself is a trait that many teens have in common. What makes this novel unique is its ability to bring the character to this realization without being preachy or condescending. Funny, thought-provoking, and at times heartbreaking, this story will entertain and inspire readers.—Lynn Rashid, Marriots Ridge High School, Marriotsville,

4 N" D! k4 s. ~8 ~. k/ [$ j* ^
- R* `' v% y! p

百度网盘链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1chQB3S

购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 15爱币 才能浏览   

. p) O; q  C# w
* o" f* _7 G" Z3 y) C" q: g

% N4 P1 h2 I! y0 K8 b  c

; T# g2 p( p( r: ]  \2 i1 [
; i1 Z$ V+ l/ ]+ O% I# E
小宝门门都考了100分~~~喂,醒醒,枕头湿了!!!
有声书音频及电子书资 在电子产品盛产的年代,电子书和有声书因为能永久性保存携带又方便,所以当下的电子书很受欢迎。电子书和有声书也可以促进孩子阅读。所以就想着把电子书和有声书的资源整合起来,方便家长给孩子看。 群主: 小柒麦麦
加入圈子
新手不会玩?快快看这里

推荐爱贝家长圈

家长圈精华