Glorie  发表于 2019-7-24 16:55:20| 4393 次查看 | 1 条回复

兰登《STEP into READING》第3级  Miss Grubb Super Sub  译文分享

1.jpg

2.jpg

The day Mrs. Hoot stayed home with the flu, Miss Grubb came to Pittman School. The kids of 2B raised an awful fuss. They even made up a chant. “Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! We don’t want a substitute!”

这天Hoot老师得了流感不得不待在家里,Grubb老师来到Pittman学校代课。2B班的孩子们搞得哄堂大乱。他们甚至编了首儿歌。“Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! 我们不想要代课的!”

3.jpg

Miss Grubb clapped her hands. “I love your chant!” she said. Then she made up a chant too. She beat on a book and yelled, “Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even in between, I love to eat pickled beets. I eat them till I’m green!”

Grubb老师拍拍手。“我喜欢你们的歌!”她说。然后她也做了一首。她在一本书上打着节拍,喊道:“早餐,午餐,晚餐,甚至在两者之间,我喜欢吃腌甜菜。我吃呀吃,直到我变绿!”

4.jpg

The door opened. Mr. Tew, the principal, looked in and waved. “Is everything all right?” he asked. Miss Grubb waved back. “Perfect!” she said.

这时门开了。校长Tew先生往里面看了看,挥了挥手。“一切都好吗?”他问道。Grubb老师挥挥手。“完美!”她说

5.jpg

“It's time for Art,” said Miss Grubb. “Everyone into the hall.” "Why?" the children asked. “Because that’s where Art is!” Miss Grubb answered. Miss Grubb headed to the hall. The children followed.

“现在该上美术课了” Grubb老师说,“每个人都去礼堂。”“为什么?”孩子们问道。“因为那儿就是美术的所在!” Grubb老师回答道。她走向礼堂。孩子们紧跟着

6.jpg

Art was the janitor. He was very busy. He emptied trash. He mopped the floor. He set up chairs. He cleaned the fountains.

美术就是警卫。他正在忙碌着。他倒掉了垃圾。他拖了地板。他摆好椅子。他清洗了洗手池

7.jpg

The class drew pictures of him while he worked. Miss Grubb clapped. “Very good Art art,” she said.

班上的小朋友们画下了他在劳动的瞬间。Grubb老师鼓着掌。“非常美的美术”她说

8.jpg

Back in room 2B, Miss Grubb called, “Giggle break! Knock, knock.” “Who's there?" said the class. “Who-who!” said Miss Grubb. “Who-who who?” said the class. The room sounded like a barn full of owls. Everyone giggled.

回到2B班,Grubb老师喊道,“别笑了,咚咚。”“谁在那里?”全班同学问。“谁谁!” Grubb老师说。“谁是谁谁?”同学们说道。房间听起来就像一个装满猫头鹰的谷仓。每个人都咯咯地笑了

9.jpg

“It's time for recess,” said Miss Grubb. She handed out paper bags. “These magic bags can hold wonderful things!" she said. Miss Grubb pointed to the sky. “See that cloud?” she said. “That cloud goes into my bag. Hear that robin? His cheery song goes in, too.”

“现在是休息时间,” Grubb老师说。她分发了纸袋。“这些神奇的袋子可以装下美妙的东西!”她说。Grubb老师指向天空。“看到那朵云了吗?”她说道,“那朵云可以装进我的袋子里。听见那只知更鸟了吗?他欢快的歌声也可以装进来”

10.jpg

The kids filled their magic bags with what they saw and heard and felt and smelled.

孩子们把他们所看到,听到,感觉到和闻到的东西填满了他们的神奇袋子

11.jpg

Miss Grubb had more surprises. “How much math do kids eat?” she asked the class. “Kids don‘t eat math!” they said. “Mrs. Farmer, the cook, says you do,” said Miss Grubb. The class headed to the lunchroom.

Grubb老师还有更多的惊喜。“小朋友们们吃多少数学?”她问大家。“小朋友们不吃数学!”他们说。“Farmer太太,我们的厨师,说你们吃噢,” Grubb老师说。她带着班级前往餐厅

12.jpg

“There's math everywhere,” Mrs. Farmer said. She showed them her weekly food list. “I multiply and divide to decide how much to order.” “Another job is adding up the money,” she said. “If any is missing, then we have to subtract!” The children laughed. “We do eat a lot of math!”

“数学无处不在,” Farmer太太说。她向他们展示了她每周的食物清单。“我用乘和除来决定订购多少。”“另一项工作是把钱加起来,”她说,“如果有任何遗漏,那么我们就要被减掉了!”孩子们笑了起来。“我们真的吃了很多数学!”

13.jpg

It was time for lunch. Mrs. Farmer's food tasted good. Miss Grubb sat quietly. She was writing in a journal. The students asked what she was writing. “Wait and see,” she said.

该吃午饭了。Farmer太太做的食物味道很好。Grubb老师静静地坐着。她正在写日记。学生们问她在写什么。“等会就能知道了”她说

14.jpg

Back in class. Miss Grubb read from her journal. “Today at lunch, I heard children’s voices. Tonight when I go to bed, I will remember the sound. It will lull me to sleep.”

回到课堂上。Grubb老师从她的日记中读道。“今天午饭的时候,我听到了孩子们的声音。今晚我睡觉时,我会想起他们的声音。它会伴我入眠”

15.jpg

“Want to meet a monster?” Miss Grubb whispered. “Where?” the kids asked. “Right on your hands!” said Mrs. Teeling. It was the school nurse! Mrs. Teeling smiled. “To meet a monster, look at your hands.” She said that germs are monsters so small they can hide on skin.

“想要瞧瞧怪物吗?” Grubb老师低声说。“在哪儿?”孩子们问道。“就在你们的手上!” Teeling太太说。她是学校的护士!Teeling太太笑着说。“想瞧见怪物,就看看你的手。”她说,细菌是非常小的怪物,小到可以隐藏在皮肤里

16.jpg

She showed everyone how to scrub their hands with soap and water. “We don’t want monsters hiding on you!” she said.

她向每个人展示了如何用肥皂和水擦洗双手。“我们不希望有怪物藏在你们身上!”她说

17.jpg

Later, Miss Grubb promised to send all the students on their own special trip. “Where would you like to go?” she asked. Everyone shouted at once. “The ocean!” “The mountains!” “The moon!” “No problem!” said Miss Grubb. She took them to the library.

后来,Grubb老师答应带每个学生去旅行。“你想去哪里?”她问。大家立刻喊道:“大海!”“大山!”“月亮!”“没问题!”Grubb老师说。她带他们去了图书馆

18.jpg

The students told the librarian where they wanted to go. Mrs. Larmore helped them find the perfect books to take them there. Miss Grubb winked. “Won't Mrs. Hoot be surprised at where you have been?”

同学们告诉图书管理员他们想去哪里。Larmore夫人帮助他们找到了完美的书籍来将他们带到那里。Grubb老师眨了眨眼。“Hoot老师会不会对你去过的地方感到惊讶?”

19.jpg

Back in the classroom, Miss Grubb asked, “Can you crack my spelling code?” She told the students to print their names on pieces of paper and to make the first letter big. When she called the students, they walked to the front of the room.

回到教室,Grubb老师问:“你们能破解我的拼写密码吗?”她告诉学生们在纸上打印出他们的名字,并把第一个字母变大。被她叫到名字的同学,就走到教室前面来

20.jpg

They looked like this:

他们看起来就像这样:

21.jpg

At the end of the day, Miss Grubb and the class wrote notes to Mrs. Hoot on the board. “I will never forget you,”said Miss Grubb. “I put your sweet faces into my magic bag.”

在这天结束时,Grubb老师和全班同学在黑板上给Hoot老师写了留言。“我永远不会忘记你们” Grubb老师说。“我会把你们甜蜜的笑脸放进我的神奇袋子里”

22.jpg

The kids all cheered. They made up a new chant. “Grubb! Grubb! Grubb! We love our super sub! We think you're super cool! Come back to Pittman school!” Everyone agreed. It had been a perfect day.

孩子们都欢呼起来。他们写了一首新歌。“Grubb!Grubb!Grubb!我们喜欢超级代课老师!我们觉得你超酷!快回到Pittman学校!”每个人都同意,这是完美的一天

相关书籍推荐:

兰登点读书系列团购

美国经典兰登分级读物Step into Reading 3级全30册译文合集分享

ehsvx  评论于  2019-7-24 17:15:44
回帖是必须的