Glorie  发表于 2019-7-24 11:59:02| 3850 次查看 | 1 条回复

兰登《STEP into READING》第3级 The Missing Tooth 译文分享

1.jpg

2.jpg

Arlo and Robby were best friends. They both rode green bikes with horns that went WONKA-WONKA.

Arlo和Robby是最好的朋友。他们都骑着绿色自行车,车上的喇叭嗡嗡响

3.jpg

They both had ant farms and horned toads. I’M CALLING My SECOND ANT EDDIE TODAY. They both liked to trade baseball cards.

他们都有蚂蚁农场和有角蟾蜍。今天我要叫我的第二只蚂蚁Eddie。他们都喜欢交换棒球卡片

4.jpg

And they both loved peanut butter ice cream. Arlo said, “I think we are best friends because we are so much alike. We even have a tooth missing in the same place.”

而且他们都喜欢花生酱冰淇淋。Arlo说:“我觉得我们是最好的朋友,因为我们非常相像。我们甚至在同一个地方掉了牙齿”

5.jpg

One day at school their teacher said, “Arlo and Robby, look at you today!” Arlo and Robby laughed. They both had on blue robot man shirts, red pants, and black sneakers.

有一天在学校,他们的老师说:“Arlo和Robby,看看你们!”Arlo和Robby笑了。他们都穿着蓝色机器人衬衣,红色的裤子和黑色运动鞋

6.jpg

Arlo put his arm around Robby. He said, “We match all over. Even our teeth match.” Then Arlo and Robby both smiled a big smile so everyone could see.

Arlo搂着Robby。他说:“我们全都一样。甚至连我们的牙齿都一样。”然后Arlo和Robby笑了笑,这样大家都能看到他们的牙齿

7.jpg

Later Robby and Arlo were playing checkers. Robby said, “Guess what? My other front tooth is loose.” He wiggled his tooth. Arlo wanted to be the same as Robby. He tried to wiggle his tooth. “I think mine is loose too,” he said. But it really wasn’t.

后来Robby和Arlo正在玩跳棋。Robby说:“猜猜怎么着?我的另一颗前排牙齿也松动了。”他摇了摇他的牙齿。Arlo想和Robby一样。他试图摇动他的牙齿。“我觉得我的也松了”他说。但事实并非如此

8.jpg

“Let's make a bet,” said Robby. “If my tooth comes out first, you have to give me ten cents. If your tooth comes out first, I have to give you ten cents. Is it a deal?” Arlo did not want to make the deal. But he said yes anyway. They shook on it.

“让我们打个赌” Robby说。“如果我的牙齿先掉下来,你就得给我十美分。如果你的牙齿先掉下来,我给你10美分。成交吗?“Arlo不想打这个赌。但他还是同意了。他们握手表示成交

9.jpg

A few days later, Robby went to Arlo’s house. They were going to trade baseball cards.

几天后,Robby去了Arlo的家。他们打算交换棒球卡片

10.jpg

Robby had a Pete Rose card. “I wish I had a Pete Rose card,” said Arlo. “Will you trade it?” Robby shook his head. “No, Arlo.” he said. “It is my best card. I can not trade it.” Arlo got up.“I am hungry,” he said. “Let's not trade cards anymore.” Arlo got two apples. He gave one to Robby.

Robby有一张Pete Rose卡。“我希望我有一张PeteRose卡” Arlo说。“你能交换他吗?” Robby摇了摇头。“不行,Arlo。”他说,“这是我最好的卡片。我不会交换它。” Arlo站了起来。“我饿了”他说,“我们先别交换了。” Arlo拿来两个苹果。他给了Robby一个

11.jpg

They sat outside together. Robby bit into his apple. He put his hand over his mouth. “Look, Arlo! My other tooth came out!” Robby held out his hand. The tooth was in it. “Gee,” said Arlo. “That's neat. But now we are not the same.”

他们一起坐在外面。Robby咬了咬他的苹果。他把手放在嘴上。“看,Arlo!我的另一颗牙齿掉出来了!”Robby伸出手来。牙齿就在里面。“哎呀”Arlo说,“那很整齐。但现在我们不一样了”

12.jpg

Robby did not seem to hear. He saw Mr. Walker go by. “Mr. Walker!” shouted Robby. “I just lost a tooth!” “Well, well,” said Mr. Walker. “The tooth fairy will be coming to your house tonight!”

Robby似乎没有听到。他看到Walker先生路过。“Walker先生!”Robby喊道。“我刚刚掉了颗牙齿!”“好好”Walker先生说,“牙仙今晚会来你家的!”

相关书籍推荐:

兰登点读书系列团购

美国经典兰登分级读物Step into Reading 3级全30册译文合集分享

taswc  评论于  2019-7-24 12:49:54
(⊙o⊙)顶起来