Glorie  发表于 2019-7-24 13:45:55| 5431 次查看 | 2 条回复

兰登《STEP into READING》第3级 The Dragon's Scales 译文分享

1.jpg

2.jpg

Once there was a small town beside a wide river. The town was called Berry Town. Everyone who lived there was crazy about berries.

从前,在一条宽阔的河边坐落着一个小镇。这个小镇的名字叫做果子镇。果子镇上的每个人对果子都非常非常喜欢

3.jpg

购买游客,本内容需要支付爱币 80爱币 才能浏览   

It was a dragon! “no one may cross this bridge,” the dragon said. “The berries are all mine!”

原来是一条巨龙!“没人可以跨过这座大桥。”这条龙说,“这些果子都是我的了!”

7.jpg

The townspeople sadly turned away. They wanted the berries. But what could they do? The dragon was bigger and stronger and scarier than any of them. “Wait!” came a small voice. It was a little girl named Holly.

镇上的人们都伤心地转头往回走了。他们想要果子。但是他们又能做些什么呢?这条龙比他们任何人都更大更强壮而且更吓人。“等等!”一个微弱的声音传来。是一个名叫Holly的小女孩

8.jpg

“I have an idea,” Holly said to the dragon. “Let's have a contest. If I win. you have to go away.” “Okay,”said the dragon. “But if I win, then everyone has to work in the berry fields for me.”

“我有个主意”Holly对巨龙说道,“让我们来场比赛怎么样。如果我赢了,你就必须离开。”“好的”巨龙说。“但是如果我赢了,那么你们每个人都必须在果子地里面为我干活”

9.jpg

“Is that okay?” Holly asked. The people of Berry Town nodded. It was their only chance. The schoolteacher stepped forward.“I see that you have a set of scales,” he said to the dragon.

“这样可以吗?”Holly问大家。果子镇的人们都点点头。这是他们唯一的机会了。学校的老师走上前去。“我看到你有一架天平”他对龙说道

10.jpg

“I will ask three questions about weights,” said the teacher. “Whoever gets two out of three questions right wins. The dragon’s scales will decide who is right.” “Okay,” said Holly.

“我会问三个关于重量的问题”老师说,“谁回答对三个问题中的两个就算赢。巨龙的天平将决定谁是对的”“没问题”Holly说

11.jpg

The dragon was not used to this kind of contest. But he knew that whoever is biggest and strongest and scariest always wins. So he nodded.

巨龙没玩过这种比赛。但他知道,谁的个头最大,最强壮,最吓人通常都会赢的。所以他点头答应了

12.jpg

The dragon gave his scales to the teacher. Then the dragon and Holly stood back to back. They took one, two, three steps.

巨龙把他的天平交给了老师。然后巨龙和Holly背靠背站着。然后他们各自向前走了一步,两步,三步

相关书籍推荐:

兰登点读书系列团购

美国经典兰登分级读物Step into Reading 3级全30册译文合集分享

美医春啟  评论于  2019-7-24 13:47:55
看过就回帖
ayaoguniang  评论于  2020-4-9 17:58:41
感谢分享!