Glorie  发表于 2019-7-24 12:25:11| 8152 次查看 | 3 条回复

兰登《STEP into READING》第3级 The Great Tulip Trade 译文分享

1.jpg

2.jpg

Anna loved tulips. She loved their round shape and bright colors and slim green leaves. But in Holland in1636, everyone loved tulips. That made tulips worth more than gold and diamonds. More than almost anything.

安娜喜欢郁金香。她喜欢它圆润的形状,鲜艳的色彩和纤细的绿叶。但是在1636年的荷兰,每个人都喜欢郁金香。这使得郁金香比黄金和钻石更有价值。比几乎任何东西都更有价值

3.jpg

One spring morning, Anna saw her father cutting tulips. People wanted the bulbs the most. “Stop, Papa!” said Anna. “Sorry, Birthday Girl,” he said. “My bulbs in the ground grow bigger and better without the flower.” “Please, let me have some tulips for my birthday,” begged Anna.

一个春天的早晨,安娜看到她的爸爸在割郁金香的花朵。人们最想要的它的球茎。“停下,爸爸!”安娜说。“抱歉,生日女孩”他说,“在没有花的情况下,地下的球茎会长得更大更好”“求你了,给我一些郁金香当作我的生日礼物吧”安娜恳求道

4.jpg

“Very well,” he said. “You may choose eight since you are now eight.” “Thank you!” said Anna. First, she chose two red ones. Then two yellow ones. A purple one. A pink-and-white-striped one. A red one with yellow edges that looked like flames.

“没问题”他说,“你现在八岁,那你可以挑八朵花。”“谢谢!”安娜说。首先,她挑了两朵红色的。然后是两朵黄色的。一朵紫色的。一朵粉白条纹的。一朵是红色带着黄色的边,看起来就像火焰

5.jpg

Then her favorite tulip. The rarest tulip of all, the Semper Augustus. Anna put all the tulips in her wheelbarrow and pushed it to their cottage. She planted them in a window box.

然后是她最喜欢的郁金香。最珍贵的郁金香,永远的奥古斯都。安娜把所有的郁金香放在她的手推车里,推到他们的小屋边上。她把它们种在一个窗台的盒子里

6.jpg

Soon she saw a farmer bringing his sheep and cows to market. “What pretty tulips!” he said. “I’ll trade you for a red tulip. And a yellow one,” he said. The farmer thought he could sell the tulips for more than his sheep and cows. “Sorry, they're not for sale,” said Anna. “They are my birthday present.”

不一会儿,她看到一个农民带着他的羊和奶牛去赶集。“好漂亮的郁金香!”他说,“我想换你的一朵红色郁金香。还有一朵黄色的。”农民觉得卖掉郁金香比他的羊和奶牛更值钱。“对不起,它们不是拿来卖的”安娜说,“它们是我的生日礼物”

7.jpg

“I’ll give you a lamb,” said the farmer. “No, thank you,” said Anna. He held up another lamb. “I’ll give you two lambs, a cow, and a puppy.”

“我会给你一只小羊羔”农夫说。“不,谢谢”安娜说。他举起另一只羊羔。“我会给你两只羊羔,一头母牛和一只小狗。”

8.jpg

Anna felt bad. The tulips were her present. But with lambs, her family could spin the wool to make into cloth. With a cow, they could have fresh milk, butter, and cheese. And the puppy would grow bigger and protect their tulip field.

安娜有点纠结。郁金香是她的礼物。但是有了羊羔,她们家就可以把羊毛织成衣服。有了奶牛,他们就有了新鲜的牛奶,黄油和奶酪。小狗会长大,保护他们的郁金香田地

9.jpg

Besides, Anna would still have six tulips left. “All right, I'll trade,” she said. A while later, a peddler and his wife stopped their wagon. “What lovely flowers!” called the peddler. I'll trade you some pots and pans for the pink-striped one.”

而且,安娜还剩下六朵郁金香。“好吧,我和你交易”她说。过了一会儿,一个小贩和他的妻子停住了他们的马车。“多可爱的花!”小贩叫道,“我想用一些锅碗瓢盆来换粉红色条纹的那朵”

10.jpg

The peddler knew that he could sell the tulip for more than his pots and pans. “No thank you,” said Anna. “Add the red one,” said the man, “and you may have this warm wool rug.”

小贩知道他卖掉郁金香比他的锅碗瓢盆更值钱。“不,谢谢”安娜说。“再加上红色的那朵”那个人说,“你就能拥有这块温暖的羊毛地毯”

11.jpg

Anna looked at the rug. She looked at her red tulip. Their stone floor was cold. A rug would be nice. Four tulips would be left. She would still have her favorite, the very rare Semper Augustus. “All right,” she said. Anna took the rug and pots and pans.

安娜看看地毯。又看看她的红色郁金香。他们家的石头地板很冷。有了地毯会暖和很多。剩下四朵郁金香。她仍然拥有她最喜欢的,非常罕见的永远的奥古斯都。“好吧”她说。安娜拿走了地毯和锅碗瓢盆

12.jpg

At noon, an artist walked by. "What a picture-perfect tulip!” he said. "Thank you,” said Anna."Would you trade that purple tulip for a painting?” he asked. He knew it would be worth more than twenty paintings. “No, thank you, "said Anna. “They are my birthday present.”

中午,一位画家走了过来。“多么完美的郁金香!”他说。“谢谢”安娜说。“你愿意用紫色郁金香来交换一幅画吗?”他问道。他知道它的价值超过二十幅画。“不,谢谢你”安娜说,“它们是我的生日礼物”

相关书籍推荐:

兰登点读书系列团购

美国经典兰登分级读物Step into Reading 3级全30册译文合集分享

ebcyqs5  评论于  2019-7-24 12:27:31
借宝地赚爱币
爱贝宝宝  评论于  2019-7-24 13:28:38

Everyday Book Box 天天阅读系列123盒