aqxx2008  发表于 2017-1-18 10:39:04| 3902 次查看 | 3 条回复
买绘本的时候,大部分绘本是买的中文版的,如果再买英文版的,感觉有些浪费,就找了些英文,抄在纸片上,贴在原中文上,要看中文的时候就掀起纸片的一角,像掀帘子一样,呵呵,下面也都是我找的资源,一起分享了。

一寸虫

One day a hungry robin saw an inchworm, green as an emerald sitting on a twig. He was about to gobble him up.

“Don't eat me. I am an inchworm. I am useful. I measure things.”

“Is that so!” said the robin, “Then measure my tail.”

“That's easy,” said the inchworm.

“One, two, three, four, five inches.”

“Just think,” said the robin, “my tail is five inches long!”

And with the inchworm he flew to where other birds needed to be measured.

The inchworm measured the neck of the flamingo.

He measured the toucan's beak,

the legs of the heron,

the tail of the pheasant and the whole hummingbird.

One morning the nightingale met the inchworm.

“Measure my song.” said the nightingale.

“But how can I do that?” said the inchworm.“I measure things, not songs.”

“Measure my song or I eat you for breakfast.”said the nightingale.

Then the inchworm had an idea.

“I will try.” he said, “Go ahead and sing.”

The nightingale sang and the inchworm measured away.

He measured and measured… inch by inch… until he inched out of sight.

D02 蚯蚓日记Diary of a Worm
Diary of a Worm
Diary of worm
March 20
Mom says there are three things .I should always remember:
1、 the earth gives us everything we need
2、 when we dig tunnels , we help take care of the earth.
Must make tunnel-help earth breathe
3.never bother Daddy when he’s eating the newspaper.

March 29
Today , I tried to teach spider how to dig.
First , all of his legs got stuck.
I think I twisted one of my ankles.
Then he swallowed a bunch of dirt.
I give up.
Tomorrow he’s going to teach me how to walk upside down.

March 30
Worms cannot walk upside down.
Here’s a baby pictures of me and dad.
April 4
Fishing season started today.
Did you guys hear something?
We all dug deeper.

April 10
It rained all night , and the ground was soaked.
We spent the entire day one the side walk.
Hopscotch is a very dangerous game.
My first tunnel.
First day of school.

April 15
I forgot my lunch today.
I got so hungry that I ate my homework.
My teacher made me write , “I will not eat my homework.”
Ten times.
When I was finished , I ate that too.

April 20
I snuck up on some kids in the park today.
They didn’t hear me coming.
I wriggled up right between them and they screamed.
I love when they do that.
Bee stung me.
My favorite pile of dirt .

May 1
Grandpa taught us that good manners are very important.
So today I said: ” good morning .” to the first ant I saw.
good morning .
Good morning . good morning . good morning .
How ya doing? good morning .
Nice to see you. Howdy. Good morning .
How’s it going? Fine day.
Lookin’ good. Hello there. good morning .
There were 600more of them in line.
I stood there all day.

May 8
Had the worst nightmare last night.
Giant birds playing hopscotch.
Mom says I have to stop eating so much garbage.
Right before I go to bed.
Me and spider.
Spider made this for me .

May 15
I got into a fight with spider today.
He told me you need legs to be cool.
Then he ran.
I couldn’t keep up.
Maybe he’s right.

May 16
I made spider laugh so hard, he fell out of his tree .
Who needs legs?
My own comic!

May 28
Last night I went to the school dance.
You put your head in. You put your head out.
You do the hokey-pokey and you turn yourself about.
That’s all we could do.
I found this really cool rock.
Isn’t this leaf awesome?!

June 5
Today, we made macaroni necklaces in art class.
I brought mine home , and we ate it for dinner.
Mmmm , you’re very talented.
My sister’s slumber party.

June 15
My older sister thinks she’s so pretty.
I told her that no matter how much time she spends looking in the mirror,
Her face will always look just like her rear end.
Spider thought that was really funny.
Mom did not.

July 4
When I grow up, I want to be a secret service agent.
Spider says I will have to be very careful,
Because the president might step on me by mistake.
“It’s a dangerous job,” I told him . “But someone’s got to do it .”
My report card.

July 28
Three things I don’t like about being a worm:
1. I can’t chew gum.
2. I can’t have a dog.
   Can we keep him , Mom?
3. All that homework.

July 29
Three good things about being a worm:
1.I never have to go to the dentist.
No cavities-no teeth either.
2. I never get in trouble for tracking mud through the house.
3. I never have to take a bath .
Who’s my grubby little boy?

August 1
It’s not always easy being a worm.
We’re very small,
And sometimes people forget that we’re even here.
But, like Mom always says , the earth never forgets we’re here.
I get the feeling I’m being watched…

D03 David Goes to School

David Goes to School – By David Shannon

David’s teacher always said…

No, DAVID!

No yelling.

No pushing.

No running

in the halls.

David!You’re tardy!

Sit down, David!

Don’t chew gum in class!

David, raise your hand!

Keep your hands to yourself!

PAY ATTENTION!

Wait your turn, David!

I don’t care who started it!

David! Recess is over!

Shhhh!

Again?!

That’s it, Mister!

You’re staying after school!

David, have you finished?

GOOD JOB, DAVID!

Yes, David…

You can go home now.

环游世界做苹果派》How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
By Marjorie Priceman

Making an apple pie is really very easy. First, get all the ingredients at the market. Mix the well, bake, and serve.
     Unless, of course, the market is closed.

In that case, go home and pack a suitcase. Take your shopping list and some walking shoes. Then catch a steamship bound for Europe. Use the six days on board to brush up on your Italian.

If you time it right, you'll arrive in Italy at harvest time. Find a farm deep in the countryside. Gather some superb semolina wheat. An armful or two will do.

Then hop a train to France and locate a chicken.
    French chickens lay elegant eggs-and you want only the finest ingredients for your pie. Coax the chicken to give you an egg. Better yet, bring the chicken with you. There's less chance of breaking the egg that way. Get to Sri Lanka any way you can.

You can't miss it. Sri Lanka is a pear-shaped island in the Indian Ocean. The best cinnamon in the world is made there from the bark of the native kurundu tree and peel off some bark. If a leopard is napping beneath the tree, be very quiet.

Hitch a ride to England. Make the acquaintance of a cow. You'll know she's an English cow from her good manners and charming accent. Ask if you can borrow a cup or two of milk. Even better, bring the whole cow with you for the freshest possible results.
   Stow away on a banana boat headed to Jamaica. On your way there, you can pick up some salt. Fill a jar with salty sea water.

When the boat docks in Jamaica, walk to the nearest sugar plantation. Introduce yourself to everyone. Tell them about the pie you're making. Then go into the fields and cit a few stalks of sugar cane.

Better fly home. You don't want the ingredients to spoil.

You can't miss it. Sri Lanka is a pear-shaped island in the Indian Ocean. The best cinnamon in the world is made there from the bark of the native kurundu tree and peel off some bark. If a leopard is napping beneath the tree, be very quiet.

Hitch a ride to England. Make the acquaintance of a cow. You'll know she's an English cow from her good manners and charming accent. Ask if you can borrow a cup or two of milk. Even better, bring the whole cow with you for the freshest possible results.
   Stow away on a banana boat headed to Jamaica. On your way there, you can pick up some salt. Fill a jar with salty sea water.

When the boat docks in Jamaica, walk to the nearest sugar plantation. Introduce yourself to everyone. Tell them about the pie you're making. Then go into the fields and cit a few stalks of sugar cane.

Something from Nothing爷爷一定有办法
by Phoebe Gilman

01 - When Joseph was a baby, his grandfather made him a wonderful blanket...
02 - ...to keep him warm and cozy and to chase away bad breams.
But as Joseph grew older, the wonderful blanket grew older too.
03 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, look at your blanket. It's frazzled, it's worn, it's unsightly, it's torn. It is time to throw it out."
04 - "Grandpa can fix it," Joseph said.
Joseph's grandfather took the blanket and turned it round and round.
05 - "Hmm," he said as his scissors went snip, snip, snip and his needle flew in and out and in and out, "There's just enough material here to make..."
06 - ...a wonderful jacket. Joseph put on the wonderful jacket and went outside to play.
But as Joseph grew older, the wonderful jacket grew older too.
07 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, look at your jacket. It's shrunken and small, doesn't fit you at all. It is time to throw it out!"
08 - "Grandpa can fix it," Joseph said.
Joseph's grandfather took the jacket and turned it round and round.
09 - "Hmm," he said as his scissors went snip, snip, snip and his needle flew in and out and in and out, "There's just enough material here to make..."
10 - ...a wonderful vest. Joseph wore the wonderful vest to school the very next day.
But as Joseph grew older, the wonderful vest grew older too.
11 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, look at your vest! It's spotted with glue and there's paint on it too. It is time to throw it out!"
12 - "Grandpa can fix it," Joseph said.
Joseph's grandfather took the vest and turned it round and round.
13 - "Hmm," he said as his scissors went snip, snip, snip and his needle flew in and out and in and out, "There's just enough material here to make..."
14 - ...a wonderful tie. Joseph wore the wonderful tie to his grandparents' house every Friday.
But as Joseph grew older, the wonderful tie grew older too.
15 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, look at your tie! This bug stain of soup makes the end of it droop. It is time to throw it out!"
16 - "Grandpa can fix it," Joseph said.
Joseph's grandfather took the tie and turned it round and round.
17 - "Hmm," he said as his scissors went snip, snip, snip and his needle flew in and out and in and out, "There's just enough material here to make..."
18 - ...a wonderful handkerchief. Joseph used the wonderful handkerchief to keep his pebble collection safe.
But as Joseph grew older, the wonderful handkerchief grew older too.
19 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, look at your handkerchief! It's been used till it's tattered, it's splotched and it's splattered. It is time to THROW IT OUT!"
20 - "Grandpa can fix it," Joseph said.
Joseph's grandfather took the handkerchief and turned it round and round.
21 - "Hmm," he said as his scissors went snip, snip, snip and his needle flew in and out and in and out, "There's just enough material here to make..."
22 - ...a wonderful button. Joseph wore the wonderful button on his suspenders to hold his pants up.
23 - One day his mother said to him, "Joseph, where is your button?"
Joseph looked. It was gone!
24 - He searched everywhere but he could not find it. Joseph ran down to his grandfather's house.
25 - "My button! My wonderful button is lost!" His mother ran after him. "Joseph! Listen to me."
26 - "The button is gone, finished, kaput. Even your grandfather can't make something from nothing."
Joseph's grandfather shook his head sadly. "I'm afraid that your mother is right," he said.
27 - The next day Joseph went to school. "Hmm," he said, as his pen went scritch scratch, scritch scratch, over the paper. "There's just enough material here to make..."
28 - ...a wonderful story.

A chair for my mother妈妈的红沙发
《妈妈的红沙发》A chair for my mother
My mother works as a waitress in the Blue Tile Diner. After school sometimes I go to meet her there. Then her boss Josephine gives me a job too.

I wash the salts and peppers and fill the ketchups. One time I peeled all the onions for the onion soup. When I finish, Josephine says, "Good work, honey, " and pays me. And every time, I put half of my money into the jar.

I takes a long time to fill a jar this big. Every day when my mother comes home from work, I take down the jar. My mama empties all her change from tips out of her purse for me to count. Then we push all of the coins into the jar.

Sometimes my mama is laughing when she comes home from work. Sometimes she's so tired she falls asleep while I count the money out into piles. Some days she has lots of tips. Some days she has only a little. Then she looks worried. But each evening every single shiny coin goes into the jar.

We sit in the kitchen to count the tips. Usually Grandma sits with us too. While we count, she likes to hum. Often she has money in her old leather wallet for us. Whenever she gets a good bargain on tomatoes or bananas or something she buys, she puts by the savings and they go into the jar.
When we can't get a single other coin into the jar, we are going to take out all the money and go and buy a chair.

Yes, a chair. A wonderful, beautiful, fat, soft armchair. We will get one covered in velvet with roses all over it. We are going to get the best chair in the whole world.

That is because our old chairs burned up. There was a big fire in our other house. All our chairs burned. So did our sofa and so did everything else. That wasn't such a long time ago.

My mother and I were coming home from buying new shoes. I had new sandals. She had new pumps. We were walking to our house from the bus. We were looking at everyone's tulips. She was saying she liked red tulips and I was saying I liked yellow ones. Then we came to our block.

Right outside our house stood two big fire engines. I could see lots of smoke. Tall orange flames came out of the roof. All the neighbors stood in a bunch across the street. Mama grabbed my hand and we ran. My uncle Sandy saw us and ran to us. Mama yelled, "Where's Mother?" I yelled, "Where's my grandma?" My aunt Ida waved and shouted , "She's here, she's here. She's O.K. Don't worry."

Grandma was all right. Our cat was safe too, though it took a while to find her. But everything else in our whole house was spoiled.

What was left of the house was turned to charcoal and ashes.

We went to stay with my mother's sister Aunt Ida and Uncle Sandy. Then we were able to move into the apartment downstairs. We painted the walls yellow. The floors were all shiny. But the rooms were very empty.

The first day we moved in, the neighbors brought pizza and cake and ice cream. And they brought a lot of other things too.

The family across the street brought a table and three kitchen chairs. The very old man next door gave us a bed from when his children were little.

My other grandpa brought us his beautiful rug. My mother's other sister, Sally, had made us red and white curtains. Mama's boss, Josephine, brought pots and pans, silverware and dishes. My cousin brought me her own stuffed bear.

Everyone clapped when my grandma made a speech. "You are all the kindest people," she said, "and we thank you very, very much. It's lucky we're young and can start all over."

That was last year, but we still have no sofa and no big chairs. When Mama comes home, her feet hurt. "There's no good place for me to take a load off my feet," she says. When Grandma wants to sit back and hum and cut up potatoes, she has to get as comfortable as she can on a hard kitchen chair.

So that is how come Mama brought home the biggest jar she could find at the diner and all the coins started to go into the jar.

Now the jar is too heavy for me to lift down. Uncle Sandy gave me a quarter. He had to boost me up so I could put it in.

After supper Mama and Grandma and I stood in front of the jar. "Well, I never would have believed it, but I guess it's full," Mama said.

My mother brought home little paper wrappers for the nickels and the dimes and the quarters. I counted them all out and wrapped them all up.

On my mother's day off, we took all the coins to the bank. The bank exchanged them for ten-dollar bills. Then we took the bus downtown to shop for our chair.

We shopped through four furniture stores. We tried out big chairs and smaller ones, high chairs and low chairs, soft chairs and harder ones. Grandma said she felt like Goldilocks in "The Three Bears" trying out all the chairs.

Finally we found the chair we were all dreaming of. And the money in the jar was enough to pay for it. We called Aunt Ida and Uncle Sandy. They came right down in their pickup truck to drive the chair home for us. They knew we couldn't wait for it to be delivered.

I tried out our chair in the back of the truck. Mama wouldn't let me sit there while we drove. But they let me sit in it while they carried it up to the door.

We set the chair right beside the window with the red and white curtains. Grandma and Mama and I all sat in it while Aunt Ida took our picture.

Now Grandma sits in it and talks with people going by in the daytime. Mama sits down and watches the news on TV when she comes home from her job. After supper, I sit with her and she can reach right up and turn out the light if I fall asleep in her lap.

STONE SOUP 石头汤

STONE SOUP
An Old Tale Retold

Text by Marcia Brown

Three soldiers trudged down a road in a strange country. They were on their way home from the wars. Besides being tired, they were hungry. In fact, they had eaten nothing for two days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How I would like a good dinner tonight,” said the first.
“And a bed to sleep in,” said the second.

“But all that is impossible,” said the third. “We must march on.”

On they marched. Suddenly, ahead of them they saw the lights of a village.

“Maybe we’ll find a bite to eat there,” said the first.

“And a loft to sleep in,” said the second.

“No harm in asking,” said the third.

Now the peasants of that place feared strangers. When they heard that three soldiers were coming down the road, they talked among themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Here come three soldiers. Soldiers are always hungry. But we have little enough for ourselves.” And they hurried to hide their food.
They pushed the sacks of barley under the hay in the lofts. They lowered buckets of milk down the wells.

They spread old quilts over the carrot bins. They hid their cabbages and potatoes under the beds. They hung their meat in the cellars.

They hid all they had to eat. Then – they waited.

The soldiers stopped first at the house of Paul and Francoise.
“Good evening to you,” they said. “Could you spare a bit of food for three hungry soldiers?”

“We have had no food for ourselves for three days,” said Paul. Francoise made a sad face. “It has been a poor harvest.”

The three soldiers went on the house of Albert and Louise.

“Could you spare a bit of food? And have you some corner where we could sleep for the night?”

“Oh no,” said Albert. “We gave all we could spare to soldiers who came before you.”

“Our beds are full,” said Louise.

At Vincent and Marie’s the answer was the same.  It had been a poor harvest and all the grain must be kept for seed.
So it went all through the village. Not a peasant had any food to give away. They all had good reasons. One family had use the grain for feed. Another had an old sick father to care for. All had too many mouths to fill.

The villagers stood in the street and sighed. The looked as hungry as they could.
The three soldiers talked together.

Then the first soldier called out, “Good people!” The peasants drew near.

“We are three hungry soldiers in a strange land. We have asked you for food and you have no food. Well then, we’ll have to make stone soup.”

The peasants stared.

Stone soup? That would be something to know about.

“First, we’ll need a large iron pot,” the soldiers said.
The peasants brought the largest pot they could find. How else to cook enough?

“That's none too large,” said the soldiers. “But it will do. And now, water to fill it and a fire to heat it.”

It took many buckets of water to fill the pot. A fire was built on the village square and the pot was set to boil.
“And now,  if you please, three round, smooth stones.”

Those were easy enough to find.

The peasants’ eyes grew round as they watched the soldiers drop the stones into the pot.

“Any soup needs salt and pepper,” said the soldiers, as they began to stir.
Children ran to fetch salt and pepper.

“Stones like these generally make good soup. But oh, if there were carrots, it would be much better.”

“Why, I think I have a carrot or two,” said Francoise, and off she ran.

She came back with her apron fill of carrots from the bin beneath the red quilt.

“A good stone soup should have cabbage,” said the soldiers as they sliced the carrots into the pot. “But no use asking for what you don't have.”
“I think I could find a cabbage somewhere,” said Marie and she hurried home. Back she came with three cabbages from the cupboard under the bed.

“If we only had a bit of beef and a few potatoes, this soup would be good enough for a rich man's table”
The peasants thought that over. They remembered their potatoes and the sides of beef hanging in the cellars. They ran to fetch them.

A rich man's soup – and all from a few stones. It seemed like magic!

“Ah,” sighed the soldiers as they stirred in the beef and potatoes, “if we only had a little barley and a cup of milk! This would would be fit for the king himself. Indeed he asked for just such a soup when last he dined with us.”
The peasants looked at each other. The soldiers had entertained the king! Well!

“But – no use asking for what you don’t have,” the soldiers signed.

The peasants brought their barley from the lofts, they brought their milk from the wells. The soldiers stirred the barley and milk into the steaming broth while the peasants stared.

At last the soup was ready.
“All of you shall taste,” the soldiers said. “But first a table must be set.”

Great tables were placed in the square. And all around were lighted torches.

Such a soup! How good it smelled! Truly fit for a king.

But then the peasants asked themselves, “Would not such a soup require bread – and a roast – and cider?” Soon a banquet was spread and everyone sat down to eat.

Never had there been such a feast. Never had the peasants tasted such soup. And fancy, made from stones!

They ate and drank and ate and drank. And after that they danced.
They danced and sang far into the night.

At last they were tired. Then the three soldiers asked, “Is there not a loft where we could sleep?”
“Let three such wise and splendid gentlemen sleep in a loft? Indeed! They must have the best beds in the village.”

So the first soldier slept in the priest’s house.
The second soldier slept in the baker’s house.

And the third soldier slept in the mayor’s house.

In the morning, the whole village gathered in the square to give them a send-off.
“Many thanks for what you have taught us,” the peasants said to the soldiers. “We shall never go hungry, now that we know how to make soup from stones.”

“Oh, it’s all in knowing how,” said the soldiers, and off they went down the road.
- "Stone Soup" by Marcia Brown, Atheneum Books, (c) 1975 by Marcia Brown

Mr Gumpy's Motor Car和甘伯伯开车去兜风
Mr Gumpy wanted to go for a ride.
He drove out of the gate and down the lane.
“ May we come too? Said the children
“May we? ”Said the rabbit, the dog, the chickens, the calf
and the goat.
“It’s a lovely day,” said Mr. Gumpy.”Let’s take the old cart-track across the fields.””
Very soon the dark clouds were right overhead. Mr.Gumpy stopped the car, he jumped out, put up the hood ,and down came the rain.
The road grew muddier and muddier and the wheels began to spin.
Mr.Gumpy looked at the hill ahead.“ Some of you will have to get out and push,”he said
“Not me,” said the goat.” “ I’m too old.”
“Not me,” said the calf.” “ I’m too young.”
“Not me,” said the chickens.” “ we can’t push”
“Not me,” said the sheep. “I might catch cold.”
“Not me,” said the pig. “I’ve a bone in my trotter.”
“Not me,” said the dog. “But I’ll drive if you like.”
“Not me,” said the cat. “It would ruin my fur.”
“Not me,” said the rabbit. “I’m not very well.”
“Not me,” said the girl.“ He’s stronger.”
“Not me,” said the boy. ”she’s bigger.”
The wheels churned.. The car sank deeper into the mud.
“Now we’re really stuck,” said Mr Gumpy.
They all got out and pushed and heaved and strained and gasped and slipped and slithered and squelched.
Slowly the car began to move…
“Don’t stop!” cried Mr Gumpy.
. “ Keep it up! we are nearly there.”
Everyone gave a mighty have- the tyres gripped..
The car edged its way to the top of the hill.
They looked up and saw that the sun was shining.
“We’ll drive home across the bridge,” said Mr. Gumpy.
“ There’ll be time for a swim.” “Good bye,”said Mr Gumpy.
“Come for a drive another day.”

让路给小鸭子Make Way for Duckling

Mr. And Mrs. Mallard were looking for a place to live. But every time Mr.Mallard saw what looked like a nice place, Mrs. Mallard said it was no good. There were sure to be foxes in the woods or turtles in the water, and she was not going to raise a family where might be foxes or turtles. So they flew on and on.

麦乐先生与夫人在寻找一个适合他们居住的地方,可是每次麦乐先生说它看见一个好地方时,麦乐夫人不同意,那里的丛林里一定有狐狸,或者水里一定有乌龟,它是不会在有狐狸和乌龟的地方安家落户的。所以继续往前飞。

When they got to Bostom, they felt too tired to fly any further.There was a nice pond in the Public Garden, with a little island on it. “The very place to spend the night”,quacked Mr. Mallard. So down they flapped.

当他们来到波斯顿的时候,因为疲劳而不想飞了。在公园里有一个的池塘,中间还有一个小岛“这是一个过夜的好地方。”麦乐先生呱呱叫道。于是他们飞落下来。

Next morning they fished for their breakfast in the mud at the bottom of the pond. But they didn’t find much.

第二天,他们就在池塘的底部泥坑里寻找吃的,可他们并没有找到多少。

Just as they were getting ready to start on their way, a strange enormous bird came by. It was pushing a boat full of people, and there was a man sitting on its back. “Good morning,”quacked Mr.Mallard, being polite. The big bird was too pround to answer. But the people on the boat threw peanuts into the water, so the Mallards followed them all round the pond and got another breakfast, better han the first.

正当他们准备离开的时候,一个巨大的、奇怪的鸟过来了,它正推着一艘载满人的船,还有一个人坐在它的背上。“早上好。”麦乐先生表现出一副很有礼貌的样子。大鸟骄傲得理都不理,但是船里的人们向水里扔花生,于是麦乐他们就跟着围湖绕了一周,得到了比第一次更好的早餐。

“I like this place,” said Mrs. Mallard as they climbed out on the bank and waddled along. “Why don’t we build a nest and raise our ducklings right in this pond? There are no foxes and no turtles, and the people feed us peanuts. What could be better?”
“Good,” said Mr. Mallard, delighted that last Mrs. Mallard had found a place that suited her. But

“我很喜欢这个地方,”麦乐夫人边说,他们俩边走到岸上。“为什么我们不在这个池塘里搭窝,生儿育女呢?这里没有狐狸也没有乌龟,人们还喂我们花生,有什么比这个更妙?”“好,”
麦乐先生说道,很高兴因为麦乐先生夫人终于找到一个令它满意的地方,可是-

“Look out!” squawked Mrs. Mallard, all of a dither. “ You’ll get run over!” And when she got her breath she added: “This is no place for babies, with all those horrid things rushing about. We’ll have to look somewhere else.”

“看着点!”麦乐夫人惊叫道,“你超速行驶!”当它喘过一口气来又说:“这不是孩子们呆的地方,有哪些及极讨厌的东西冲来冲去,我们得找其他地方。”

So they flew over Beacon Hill and round the State House, but there was no place there.

所以它们飞过培根山庄,还在住宅区周围转了一周,可那里没有地方。

They looked in Louisburg Squere, but there was no water to swim in.

它们看了看路恩伯格广场,可是那里没有地方游泳。

Then they flew over the Charles River. “This is better,”quacked Mr. Mallard. “That island looks like a nice quiet place, and it’s only a little way from the Public Garden,”“Yes,”said Mrs. Mallard, remembering the peanuts. “That looks like just the right place to hatch ducklings.”

它们又飞过查尔斯河,“这里好多了。”麦乐先生叫道,“那个小岛看起来一个安静的好地方,而且离中心公园也不远。”“嗯,对。”麦乐夫人同时想起来了花生,“那里看起来是孵蛋的好地方呀。”

So they chose a cozy spot amony the bushes near the water and settled down to build their nest. And only just in time, for now they were beginning to molt. All their old wing feathers started to drop out, and they would not be able to fly again until the new ones grew in.

他们选择了一个在灌木丛旁舒适的位置,定下来搭窝,就在这时,它们开始换羽了,它们那些旧羽毛开始掉落,直到新的长出来它们才能飞。

But of course they could swim, and one day they swam over to the park on the river bank, and there they met a policaman called Michael. Michael fed them peanuts, and after that the Mallards called Michael every day.

但是当然它们可以游泳,有一天,他们游到公园对面,来到河岸上,在那里,它们遇到了一个警察叫迈克尔,迈克尔喂它们花生,从那以后,麦乐每天都来找迈克尔。

Afer Mrs. Mallard had laid eight egges in the nest she couldn’t go to visit Michael any more, because she had to sit on the eggs to keep them warm. She moved off the nest only to get a drink of water, or to have her lunch, or to count the eggs and make sure they were all there.

麦乐夫人下完8个蛋以后,她不能再去拜访迈克尔。因为她必须卧在蛋上让它们保持暖和,她只有在喝水、吃饭或者数一数蛋时才下来。

One day the ducklings hatched out. First came jack, then kack, and then Lack, then Mack and Nack and Quack and Pack and Quack.. Mr. And Mrs. Mallard were bursting with pride. It was a great respondsiblity taking care of mso many ducklings, and it kept them very busy.

有一天小鸭子们出生了,第一个是Jack,然后是Kack,Lack, Mack和Pack,最后是Ouack.麦乐先生和夫人都感到自豪极了,这是一个多么大的责任照顾这么多的小鸭子,使它们非常忙碌。

Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse 亚力山大和发条老鼠
"Help! Help! A mou
se!"
There was a scream. Then a crash.
Cups, saucers, and spoons were flying in all directions.

Alexander ran for his hole as fast as his little legs would carry him.One day, when there was no one in the house, Alexander heard a squeak
in Annie's room. He sneaked in and what did he see?
Another mouse.
But not an ordinary mouse like himself. Instead of legs it had two little wheels,
and on its back there was a key.

"Who are you?" asked Alexander.
"I am Willy the wind-up mouse, Annie's favorite toy.
They wind me to make me run around in circles, they cuddle me,
and at night I sleep on a soft white pillow between the doll
and a woolly teddy bear.
Everyone loves me."

"They don't care much for me," said Alexander sadly.
But he was happy to have found a friend.
"Let's go to the kitchen and look for crumbs," he said.

"Oh, I can't," said Willy. "I can only move when they wind me.
But I don't mind. Everybody loves me."
Alexander, too, came to love Willy. He went to visit him whenever he could.
He told him of his adventures with brooms, flying saucers, and mousetraps.
Willy talked about the penguin, the woolly bear, and mostly about Annie.
The two friends spent many happy hours together.
But when he was alone in the dark of his hideout,
Alexander thought of Willy with envy.
"Ah!" he sighed. "Why can't I be a wind-up mouse like Willy
and be cuddled and loved."
One day Willy told a strange story.
"I've heard," he whispered mysteriously, "that in the garden, at the end of the pebblepath,
close to the blackberry bush, there lives a magic lizard who can change one animal into another."

"Do you mean," said Alexander, "that he could change me into a wind-up mouse like you?"
That very afternoon, Alexander went into the garden and ran to the end of the path.
"Lizard, lizard," he whispered. And suddenly there stood before him,
full of the colors of the flowers and butterflies, a large lizard.
"Is it true that you could change me into a wind-up mouse?" asked Alexander
in a quivering voice.

"When the moon is round," said the lizard, "bring me a purple pebble."
For days and days Alexander searched the garden for a purple pebble.
In vain.
He found yellow pebbles and blue pebbles and green pebbles—but not one tiny purple pebble.
At last, tired and hungry, he returned to the house.
In a corner of the pantry he saw a box full of old toys, and there, between blocks and broken dolls, was Willy.
"What happened?" said Alexander, surprised.

Willy told him a sad story. It had been Annie's birthday.
There had been a party and everyone had brought a gift.
"The next day," Willy sighed, "many of the old toys were dumped in this box.
We will all be thrown away."

Alexander was almost in tears. "Poor, poor Willy!" he thought.
But then suddenly something caught his eye. Could it really be...? Yes it was!
It was a little purple pebble.
All excited, he ran to the garden, the precious pebble tight in his arms.
There was a full moon. Out of breath, Alexander stopped near the blackberry bush.
"Lizard, lizard, in the bush," he called quickly. The leaves rustled and there stood the lizard.
"The moon is round, the pebble found," said the lizard. "Who or what do you wish to be?"

"I want to be..." Alexander stopped.
Then suddenly he said, "Lizard, lizard, could you change Willy into a mouse like me?"
The lizard blinked. There was a blinding light. And then all was quiet.
The purple pebble was gone.
Alexander ran back to the house as fast as he could.
The box was there, but alas it was empty.
"Too late," he thought, and with a heavy heart he went to his hole in the baseboard.
Something squeaked!
Cautiously Alexander moved closer to the hole. There was a mouse inside.
"Who are you?" said Alexander, a little frightened.

"My name is Willy," said the mouse.
"Willy!" cried Alexander. "The lizard...the lizard did it!"
He huggled Willy and then they ran to the garden path.
And there they danced until dawn.

这两天听Little bee,宝很喜欢!
sclmx  评论于  2017-1-18 10:39:52
看过拿分走人
lim2017315  评论于  2017-9-7 21:01:06
贴主好强大,谢谢分享!
yueyue0607  评论于  2017-9-21 13:11:17
太强大啦,收藏啦