帅哥-妈妈  发表于 2012-3-16 21:34:05| 2165 次查看 | 6 条回复

小狗的铃铛

The little doggie’s bell

有一只小狗,人们都叫他“丁零当啷”。干吗叫这么一个好玩的名字呢?因为小狗的脖子上挂着一个金光闪闪的铃铛,一走起路来就丁零当啷,丁零当啷地响。人们一听到这响声,就说:“哎呀,小狗来了,小狗来了,小狗来了,欢迎,欢迎!”

Once upon a time there lived a little doggie. Everyone called him “Jingle”. Now why did he have such a funny name? Because the little doggie wore a shiny bell around his neck, and when he walked, the bell would jingle. Whenever people heard the doggie’s bell jingle they would say, “The doggie is coming! You are welcome in our home, little doggie.”

小狗走到哪儿都受欢迎,就神气起来了,他把铃铛摇得很响很响,为的是让大伙儿都能听见,好热烈地欢饮他。

Wherever he went, the little doggie would always get lots of attention. Eventually, he became proud of himself and purposefully jingled his bell loudly so that everyone could hear him coming and pay attention to him.

突然,有一天,小狗的铃铛丢了,这一来,他走到哪儿就一点声音都没有了。人们也不朝他打招呼了,小狗觉得很奇怪,“哎,大家怎么都不理我了?”

But one day the doggie lost his bell, and therefore wherever he went, no jingle could be heard. The little doggie was surprised. “Why don’t people pay attention to me anymore?” he wondered.

小狗晃晃脑袋,一点声音都没有,他再跳一跳,还是没有声音;他又跑一跑,呀哟,也没有声音。 这个小狗又着急又害怕,啊!这世界上再没有我“丁零当啷”了?

The little doggie tried shaking his head, but there was no jingle. He jumped into the air, and there was still no jingle. He ran and ran, but still no jingle could be heard. The little doggie because worried, and started to get frightened.
Have I lost myself?”

人们再也不欢迎我了?啊?!我把自己给丢了!小狗一想到这里,就呜呜地哭起来了,哭得可伤心了,眼泪哗哗地往外流。

“Am I no longer Jingle? People won’t pay attention to me anymore! Oh, I’ve lost myself!” The little doggie was so upset that tears started trickling down his face and soon he was sobbing.

小青蛙一蹦一跳地来到小狗跟前:“哟!怎么啦,丁零当啷?”小狗一听小青蛙还在叫他“丁零当啷”,就更伤心了,一边哭一边说:“别提了,别提了,我在也不是丁零当啷了!我把自己给丢了!”“什么,你把自己给丢了?”小青蛙见他哭得那么伤心,就把他拖到镜子跟前,指着镜子里的小狗说:“你仔细看看,这不是你吗?”

A little frog passing by heard the little doggie crying, and came over to see what was wrong. “What’s wrong, Jingle?” Hearing the little frog call him Jingle, the little doggie got even more upset. “I don’t want to talk about it,” he sobbed. “I’ve lost myself!” Seeing how upset the little doggie was, the little frog led Jingle to a mirror. Pointing to the doggie in the mirror, the little frog asked Jingle, “Look carefully, little doggie. Isn’t that you, Jingle?”

小狗眨巴眨巴眼睛,又看看镜子里,再晃晃脑袋,还是听不到丁零当啷地响声,就又哭起来。“那不是我,那不是我。我是‘丁零当啷’。现在听不到‘丁零当啷’的声音了,我真的把自己给丢了。”小青蛙真拿他没有办法,他叹了口气,只好走开了。

The little doggie blinked. He stared at the doggie in the mirror and shook hid head, trying to hear a jingle. But there was still no sound, and Jingle began to cry again. “No! No! That isn’t me! My name is Jingle, but since I can’t hear a jingle anymore, I must have lost myself.” The little frog didn’t know that else he could do, so he just sighed and hopped away.

小青蛙走了很远很远,还听到小狗一边哭一边说:“怎么办呀,怎么办呀,我把自己给丢了!呜呜呜!”

The little frog hopped a long way from where he had seen Jingle, but he could still hear him whimpering:” I’ve lost myself! What am I supposed to do now? Oh,Oh…

丢失—lose

欢迎—welcome

铃铛—bell

声音—sound

仔细—carefully

世界—world

眼泪—tear

害怕—scared

常卉兵  评论于  2012-5-15 21:52:27
ffqly  评论于  2012-5-15 21:52:55
今日来过
xjrka  评论于  2012-6-11 22:07:49