帅哥-妈妈  发表于 2012-3-16 14:24:15| 2273 次查看 | 6 条回复

吃蛋糕

Eating a cake

河马先生的生日到了,河马太太做蛋糕,给河马先生道喜。太太一手用水勺舀水,一手用木勺舀面粉。水加多了在加点面粉,面粉加多了,再加点水。

OnMr. Hippo’s birthday, Mrs. Hippo decided to celebrate by baking him a cake.With a ladle in one hand and a large spoon in the other, Mrs. Hippo went towork. She used the ladle to add water and the spoon to add flour. When therewas too much water, she would put in more flour; and when there was too muchflour, she would put in move water.

河马先生惊讶地说:“哇!蛋糕这么大!我可是吃不了,我不吃了!”“不吃了?这不是好主意。”“我们把它切成快快吃,不就行了吗?”

WhenMr. Hippo saw the cake the exclaimed : “Gosh! What a big cake! There’s no way Ican eat it all up. I won’t eat it!” “You won’t eat it?” That isn’t a good idea,”Mrs. Hippo said. “How about cutting the cake into pieces and eating the pieces?”

“切几块?”“切成40块。”河马先生不同意。“40块,啊,太多了,我还是吃不了。”“那切成20块吧!不就少了一半?”“少了一半,还是太多。”“那切成10块吧。”“为什么不把它切成5块呢?那不就更少了吗?”太太很赞成。“这是个好主意!”

“Thenhow many pieces shall we cut it into?” Mr. Hippo asked. “40 pieces”  “40 pieces! Oh, no no. That’s too much,” Mr.Hippo disagreed with his wife. “I still won’t be able to eat it all.”

“Well,then how about 20 pieces? That’s half as much, isn’t it?”  “Only a half. And it’s still too much,” Mr.Hippo complained. “Then how about 10 pieces?” his wife suggested. “Why not… whynot five pieces? Isn’t that a lot less?” “What a good idea!” Mrs. Hippo agreed with her husband.

就这样,河马太太把大蛋糕切成5大块。河马先生左一口右一口,不一会儿,蛋糕就吃完了。河马先生真是高兴:“对亏太太会算计,这么大的蛋糕分成5块一下子就让我全吃了。”小朋友,你们看河马先生傻不傻?他傻在什么地方?

Soshe cut the big cake into five large chunks. Mr. Hippo swallowed down one chunkand another, and another, and soon the whole cake was gone. Mr. Hippo was veryhappy: “Thanks to my wife’s clever calculations, I could eat a cake as big asthis when it is divided into five pieces.” Boys and girls, what do you think ofMr. Hippo? Is he foolish or not? And why?

蛋糕—cake

先生—Mr.

生日—birthday

河马—hippopotamus(hippo)

太太—Mrs.

面粉—flour

薇薇笑  评论于  2012-3-16 15:04:45
瞅瞅
我的爱币满屋子,求爱贝发美元啊!
yinyiwen  评论于  2012-3-16 16:50:05
很好的故事,可是有些英语我读不全,有没有声音的?
帅哥-妈妈  评论于  2012-3-16 21:36:14