Customers during Chinese New Year


中国春节习俗


What do Chinese do during Chinese New Year?


中国人过年会做些什么?


Well, it’s very similar to Christmas. Basically it is the time that families get together and share the festive joy.


好像度过圣诞节那样。一家人欢聚一堂,共享节日的快乐。


Do you have the big dinner like Christmas dinner?


也有像圣诞大餐那样的丰富晚餐吗?


Yes. We usually have ‘union dinner’ on New Year’s Eve.


有,我们通常在除夕夜吃“团圆饭”。


What about the money put in the red envelops?


放在红色小信封里的钱又是什么?


It’s yasuiqian. It symbolizes ‘good luck’.


那是压岁钱。象征着“幸运”。


How long is the new year?


新年有多久?


It’s the first fifteen days of January, according to the Lunar Calendar.


农历正月的前15天。


What’s the Lunar Calendar?


什么是农历?


It’s a calendar very similar to the western one, but it’s about one month and a half behind.


农历跟公历差不多,只是迟了约一个半月。


It’s so interesting.


真有意思。


Can you tell me something about Spring Festival?


你能给我讲一些关于春节的故事吗?


Sure. We call the Spring Festival Chunjie in Chinese. It is the biggest traditional Chinese Festival.


当然可以。我们中文叫“春节”。它是中国最大的传统节日。


How do you celebrate it?


你们是怎样庆祝新年的?


We usually have the celebration with feasts and firecrackers. The New Year’s Eve is for feasting at home with family members and very close friends. The first day of the Spring Festival we will make New Year calls on family relatives.


我们通常以丰盛的合家宴和鞭炮来庆祝新年。除夕夜人们在家与家人和亲友共进晚餐。年初一就出去给亲戚拜年。


Do you bring some gifts along?


带点礼物去吗?


Of course yes. Fruits, medical tonics are often for parents and old relatives, and cash enclosed in a red envelop for the kids. All these, of course, should be well prepared beforehand.


当然带。一般给父母和年长的亲戚送点水果、补品之类的东西,见到小孩子就要给压岁钱了。当然,这些都要事先准备好。


I really appreciate the way you Chinese people exchange feelings.


我很欣赏你们中国人交流感情的方法。













太急燥了,要平心静气
yihpy  评论于  2017-1-11 11:49:38
支持一下.....