兰登《STEP into READING》第3级 Molly the Brave and Me  译文分享

1.jpg

2.jpg

Later we went looking for wild flowers. That sounded nice and safe to me. We walked all the way down to a stream. A big log lay across the stream. Molly ran right across it. Boy, whatguts! Butch ran across too. I stared at the log. “Aren’t there any wild flowers on this side?” I asked. Molly shook her head. “The best ones are over here. Come on, Beth. Don't be scared. Just walk across - it’s easy.”

然后我们去找野花,这听起来好玩又安全。我们一路走到小溪边。有根大树干架在小溪上,Molly一溜烟跑过去。哇,好有胆量!Butch也跑了过去。我盯着树干“河这边没有野花吗?”我问道。Molly摇了摇头“最好的花在我这边。来吧,Beth。不要害怕。只管走上去 - 很容易的”

3.jpg

“Okay,” I told myself. “Quit acting like a wimp.” I started taking tiny steps across the log. Near the end I slipped. Oof! Down I went. “Are you all right?” Molly asked. I nodded, but my backside really hurt.

“好吧”我告诉自己“退缩的话就像一个胆小鬼。”我开始在树干上迈出一步。接近最后的时候,我滑倒了。噢!我摔了下去。“你还好吗?”Molly问。我点点头,但我的背真的有点疼

4.jpg

We picked flowers for a while.And when we left, I crawled across the log. Molly didn’t tease me. Still I knew I looked like a jerk. On the way back to the house Butch saw a rabbit and chased it into a field of corn. “Dumb dog!” said Molly. “He will never catch that rabbit. We’d better go and find him.”

我们采了一会花。回去的时候,我爬过了树干。Molly没有取笑我。我知道自己看起来像一个傻蛋。在回房子的路上,Butch看到一只兔子,追着它进了玉米地里。“笨狗!”Molly说“它永远也抓不到那只兔子。我们最好去找它”

5.jpg

“Oh, rats!” I thought, but I went in after Molly. We followed the sound of Butch's barks. Boy, was that field big! The corn was way over our heads, and it seemed to go on for miles.

“噢,不妙!”我想,但我跟着Molly进去了。我们跟着Butch的叫声。天哪,这里好大!玉米在我们的头上,它似乎持续了好几英里

6.jpg

At last we spotted Butch. Molly ran and hugged him. Then she pulled me by the arm. “This place is creepy,”Molly said. “Let's get out of here.” That was fine with me! But it was not so easy getting out. All the corn looked the same. It was hot and hard to see.Bugs kept flying in our faces. It felt like we were walking around and aroundin circles.

最后我们发现了Butch。Molly跑去抱着它。然后她拉着我的胳膊。“这个地方有点诡异” Molly说“我们赶紧离开这里吧”我还行!但是出去并不容易。所有玉米看起来都一样。这里很热,又看不清路。虫子一直在我们的脸上飞舞。感觉我们在绕圈圈

7.jpg

“Can’t Butch help us find the way?” I asked. Molly shook her head. “Butch can't find his own doghouse.” Then Molly started blinking hard. And her nose got all runny. "Beth,” she said.“We're really stuck in here. I'm scared.” Molly scared? I could not believe it!I held her hand. “Don’t be scared.” I told her, even though I was scared too. “We'll get out of here.”

“Butch能帮我们带路吗?”我问。Molly摇了摇头“Butch连自己的狗窝都找不到。”然后Molly开始眨眼,她的鼻子流着鼻涕。“Beth”她说“我们真的被困在这里了,我很害怕。”Molly害怕了?我简直不敢相信!我握住她的手。“别害怕”我对她说,尽管我也很害怕。“我们会离开这里的”

8.jpg

Then I got an idea. “Come on,” I told Molly. I started to walk down the space between two rows of corn. I did not make any turns. I stayed in a straight line. “Pretend this is a long street,” I said, “Sooner or later we have to come to the end of it.”

然后我有了一个主意。“来吧”我对Molly说。我开始走在两排玉米之间,一直不转弯,走一条直线上。“假装这是一条很长的街道”我说,“早晚我们会走到头”

9.jpg

And at last we did! Molly and I hugged each other and jumped up and down. Woof! Woof went Butch. “Hot stuff!”said Molly. “You got us out.”

最后我们做到了!Molly和我互相拥抱,上蹦下跳,Butch汪汪叫。“小天才!”Molly说“你带我们走出来了”

10.jpg

When we got back to Molly's house, her mother said, “Where have you girls been? It is almost time for dinner.” Molly told her parents about following Butch into the corn. Then sheput her arm around me. “I was scared stiff,” Molly told them. “But Beth wasn't scared at all. Boy, does she have guts!” Guts? Me? I couldn't believe my ears!

当我们回到Molly的家时,她的妈妈说“你们到哪里去了?现在都到晚饭时间了。”Molly把我们关于跟着Butch进入玉米地的事告诉了她的爸爸妈妈。然后她搂着我。“我害怕极了”Molly告诉他们,“但Beth并不害怕。她可真有胆量!”胆量?我?我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵!

11.jpg

Dinner was great. We cooked hot dogs on sticks over a fire. And there was plenty of corn on the cob. “Oh.no! not corn!” Molly and I shouted together. But we each ate three ears anyway.

晚餐很棒。我们在火上烤热狗。还有很多玉米。“哦不!不要玉米!”Molly和我一起喊道。但是最后我们每个人都吃了三根

12.jpg

Right before bed I did get a little homesick. Molly's mom gave me a big hug. That helped. Then Molly told meI was her best friend. We locked pinkies on it. That helped too.

就在睡觉前我确实有点想家了。Molly的妈妈给了我一个大大的拥抱。这有点帮助。然后Molly告诉我,我是她最好的朋友,我们拉了勾。这也有些帮助

13.jpg

Maybe Molly was right. Maybe I really am a kid with guts!

也许Molly是对的。也许我真的是一个有胆量的孩子!

相关书籍推荐:

兰登点读书系列团购

美国经典兰登分级读物Step into Reading 3级全30册译文合集分享

gjyvddpkuz  评论于  2019-7-24 16:43:46
我是路过的